Study Design and Statistical Analysis
To get assistance with your study design and statistical analysis, please contact Hasina Momotaz from the Center of Clinical Investigation (CCI's) Core (WRB 6102C, email (firstname.lastname@example.org). For detailed information and guidelines on services offered please read Statistical Assistance Guidelines 2018.
- Standard poster template that can be adjusted as needed. This template can be used for making posters from your research data to present at Lepow Day or at a research conference.
- Printing at the Freedman Center
- Poster Guidelines and Pricing
There is a small amount of funds that can be used for meeting registrations, meeting cost, or publication fees from the Society Deans, CSR and from the research office. Please contact your society dean and CSR to apply. To apply for funds from the research office please complete the Individual Student Activity Form and return it to the Office of Medical Student Research located in office 499K or 499R.
IRB Survival Guide
Presentation from UH IRB that discusses the key points that need to be considered when applying for an IRB. All students must be on an approved IRB or apply for an IRB before their research starts.
When you are emailing potential research mentors or when submit a grant application part of the materials needed is a biosketch. Here is a sample biosketch for students and a template for writing your resume.
Expectations of Research Mentors
1. CWRU Medical students have a required 4 month research block that is usually performed in their 3rd and 4th years of medical school. The actual research time is usually divided into two 8 week blocks of time that is scheduled in between clinical core time. Some students have a full 16 week research block, it just depends on the schedule they receive. Below are the requirements for completion of Research and Scholarship curriculum. If you have any questions please feel free to contact me (email@example.com, 216-978-2532). All information on credentialing and research opportunities can be found on this webpage under credentialing.
To meet the requirements for Research and Scholarship students need to:
- Submit research schedule dates to the Medical Student Office (MSRO) in year 2.
- Perform 16 weeks of research.
- Upload research proposal to Easel 6 weeks before research starts with research mentor signature.
- Upload 2 research summaries to Easel. One after each 8 weeks of research with research mentor signature.
- Upload MD Thesis into Easel.
- Submit Mentor Assessment form. This form is the evaluation of the student by the research mentor and is only 6 questions long.
2. Please watch this short video explaining the research requirement and mentor expectations.
How to become an MD Thesis reviewer
Please contact the Medical Student Research Office (MedStudentResearch@case.edu) to express interest.Browse these available forms
The thesis is reviewed on-line, please see below for directions on how to access the site.
Expectations of Faculty and Students in the Teacher-Learner Relationship Policy
By participating as a mentor, you are providing both critical mentoring as well as research education to our medical students! Please review the Expectations of Medical Students and Research Mentors. Once the research project has been completed you will be asked to complete a Mentor Assessment of Medical Student Research Form.
Education Hours for Core MD Teaching Activities
- Research Block Primary Advisor (up to 75hr)- 75 hours
- Research Block Secondary Advisor- 10% of contact time taken from Primary and given in percentage in time
- Research Block Advisor for students doing research block out of town- 2 hours per student
- MD Thesis reviewer- 2 hours per thesis