Health disparities are preventable differences in the burden of disease, injury, violence, or opportunities to achieve optimal health that are experienced by socially disadvantaged populations.
As you consider how to integrate health disparities in your research, consider learning about the greatest needs, found at a national and local scale, by reviewing data and statistics. Use resources like articles to gain an understanding of health disparities and challenges addressing the preventable nature of disparities as a whole.
Data & Statistics Resources
- National Center for Health Statistics
- Ohio Department of Public Health
- Healthy Northeast Ohio (Cuyahoga County and Cleveland)
- Cleveland Department of Public Health
- Community Health Needs Assessments