Integration: the act or process of integrating (i.e., combining one thing with another so they become whole).
Clinical and Translational Science Collaborative (CTSC) Research Equity, Accessibility, Diversity, and Inclusion (READI) efforts and initiatives align with many internal and external activities that advance equity, diversity, and inclusion.
See how we’re helping advance health equity through clinical and translational science and participation in programs and projects by viewing a few of our collaborations below.
The Case Western Reserve University (CWRU) Office of the Provost Departmental Diversity Seminar Series
The Office of the Provost at Case Western Reserve University (CWRU) Click HERE to read about the Departmental Diversity Seminar Series that provides STEM and STEM-relevant academic departments across the university with the opportunity to seeking funding support to invite scientists from racial, ethnic, or gender groups underrepresented in the STEM disciplinar to campus for scientific lectures and student discussions.
On Thursday, September 24, 2022, the CTSC hosted a Departmental Diversity Seminar featuring Dr. Macarius Donneyong, Assistant Professor, Colleges of Pharmacy and Public Health, The Ohio State University. Read about Dr. Donneyong’s talk in READI News HERE.
In 2022, Dr. Donneyong received a $50,000 Social Determinants of Health Pilot Award from the Center for Clinical and Translational Science at The Ohio State University to explore A Data-driven Approach to Unraveling the Contextual Social Determinants of Health that Drive Racial/Ethnic Health Disparities.
Faculty Recruitment and Retention Journal Club
CWRU has a Faculty Recruitment and Retention Journal Club that allows any member of the CWRU community to apply to lead a conversation, with an emphasis on researchers and faculty. Virtual meetings focus on readings about best practices and research on faculty recruitment and mentoring, as well as other related topics.
On Thursday, October 20, 2022, Gelise Thomas, Assistant Director, Strategic DEI & Health Disparities, led a talk about the article Health Equity Tourism: Ravaging the Justice Landscape. Click HERE to learn more.
i3 Certificate Program in Interprofessional and Interdisciplinary Interconnection
The CTSC applied for and was awarded an opportunity to host a i3 Certificate Program in Interprofessional and Interdisciplinary Interconnection experience. On Thursday, April 20, 2023, we will convene at ThirdSpace Action Lab, a space that resides in a building that was built by CWRU School of Architecture alumni, Robert P. Madison, for Black physicians who were discriminated against and forbidden from practicing at local hospitals. We’ll hear from a host of local, diverse caregivers about their journeys to where they are today and what they hope to see for minority health in the future.
- Date: Thursday, April 20, 2023
- Time: 3PM-5PM
- Location: ThirdSpace Action Lab (1464 E. 105th St. #302, Cleveland, OH 44106)
- Gregory Hall, MD, Medical Director, Cutler Center for Men’s Health, University Hospitals, Founder and Board Chair; National Institute for African American Health
- Tania Lodge, PhD, LPCC-S, Clinical Director, Minority Behavioral Health Group, Louis Stokes VA Cleveland Medical Center
- Ignacio Mata, PhD, Cleveland Clinic Latino Epidemiology Cohort, Cleveland Clinic
- Frances Mills, Commissioner of Health, Cleveland Department of Public Health
- Charles Modlin Jr., MD, Medical Director, Inclusion, Diversity, and Equity, MetroHealth
- Angelique Redus-McCoy, MD, Pediatrics, University Hospitals; Assistant Dean of Student Affairs, CWRU School of Medicine
Register HERE before Thursday, April 13, 2023.