Thank you for your interest in the Center for Community Health Integration.
CHI conducts collaborative research, development, and education to advance community health and integrated, personalized health care. We work across multiple levels of a complex system to develop shared understanding of the effects of social, environmental and human systems on health. We seek faculty members with systems science expertise and experience working in/with practices and communities to take on some of society’s most challenging problems involving the health effects of:
- poverty and equity
- human behavior and multilevel interventions
- primary health care and the mechanisms by which it provides value
- the interface between health care and public health systems
- gene-environment interactions
Open Rank Faculty position(s) (Tenure Track)
Research & Development for Community Health & Integrated, Personalized Care - School of Medicine
We invite outstanding individuals to apply for new faculty positions at any rank (Assistant, Associate, or Professor) in the Center for Community Health Integration (CHI). The Center is working on initiatives that develop a capacity for shared learning for collective impact across important problems in health, health care, and society that require a systems approach and understanding from biology and behavior, person and population, stories and statistics.
- Assistant Professor: applicants should have a PhD and/or MD degree, 3-5 years postdoctoral or equivalent experience, and a strong record of scholarly activity.
- Associate Professor: applicants should have a PhD and/or MD degree, 5-7 years postdoctoral or equivalent experience, a record of scholarly activity, a strong publication record and an international reputation.
- Professor: applicants should have a PhD and/or MD degree, have achieved records of leadership in the profession and have a substantial record of scholarly publications.
A track record of publication and competitively awarded funding commensurate with rank is required.
- expertise in integrated quantitative and qualitative methods, large database analyses, computational simulation modeling, network analysis, or spatial epidemiology.
- experience is highly desired in working collaboratively across multiple levels of a complex system to develop shared understanding of the effects of social, environmental and human systems so to improve the health of individuals, vulnerable populations, and communities
- transdisciplinary experience and an ability to work across multiple sectors affecting health
- candidate must be able to demonstrate excellent oral and written communication skills
- a record of leadership accomplishments, including the ability to attract external funding, as well as faculty and student development
Based on the interests, goals, qualifications, and disciplines of the candidates a dual appointment with another department within the eight schools and multiple centers at CWRU is possible and desirable. Clinical work and/or community partnership with multiple collaborating health care systems and community-based organizations is possible and desirable.
How to Apply
Applicants should send a letter of interest, CV and three references to Executive Director James Bindas at firstname.lastname@example.org.
In employment, as in education, Case Western Reserve University is committed to equal opportunity and diversity. Women, veterans, members of underrepresented minority groups, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Case Western Reserve University provides reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. Applicants requiring reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process should contact the Office of Inclusion, Diversity and Equal Opportunity at 216.368.8877 to request reasonable accommodation. Determinations on granting reasonable accommodations for any applicant will be made on a case-by-case basis.
Case Western Reserve University is a top-ranked, private research university located in one of the leading biomedical research and medical education centers in the world. Core values of academic excellence, inclusiveness and diversity, integrity and transparency and effective stewardship, make CWRU an extraordinary place to work and develop an academic career.