I graduated from the College of the Holy Cross in 2009 where I majored in biology with a concentration in peace and conflict studies. I then moved to Philadelphia where I worked as a research assistant for three years at the University of Pennsylvania in a laboratory that studies retinal degenerative diseases. In 2012, I was accepted into the PhD program at CWRU and joined the pharmacology department. I love to travel, especially to my husband’s hometown in India.
Current Research Activities
- Investigating the use of epigenetic modulating drugs in triple-negative breast cancer.
- 6/8/2015: Oral presentation, Mammary Gland Biology Gordon Conference, West Dover, VT
- 4/24/2015: Organizer, DNA Day activities
- 4/14/2015: Poster presentation, Cancer Genetics & Epigenetics Gordon Conference, Lucca, Italy
- 2015–2016: President, Biomedical Graduate Student Organization (BGSO), CWRU School of Medicine, Cleveland, Ohio
- 2014–2016: Member, CWRU Department of Pharmacology Graduate Curriculum Committee
- 10/2013–Present: Associate Member, American Association for Cancer Research (AACR)
- 7/2013–6/2015: Trainee, Case Comprehensive Cancer Center Cancer Biology Training Grant
- Frost LS, Lopes VS, Bragin A, Reyes-Reveles J, Brancato J, Cohen A, Mitchell CH, Williams DS, and Boesze-Battaglia K. (2014) The contribution of melanoregulin to microtubule-associated protein 1 light chain 3 (LC3) associated phagocytosis in the retinal pigment epithelium. Mol Neurobiol. 10.1007/s12035-014-8920-5