I was born and raised in the Cleveland, Ohio. I attended Kent State and Cleveland State for my BS and graduated CWRU with a Master of Science. I began working with Dr. Keri when she was still a post doctoral student in the laboratory of Dr. John Nilson. I have worked for her since the establishment of her lab and I have never been allowed to leave. Throughout the years, I have worked on a number of projects that have honed my skills in a variety mouse surgical techniques. This has led to my current position as manager of the Case Comprehensive Cancer Center Athymic Core Facility, as well as working in the Keri lab. I enjoy spending with my kids and family, knitting and playing roller derby as a member of the Burning River Roller Girls.
Current Research Activities
- Evaluation of the efficacy of novel therapeutics and drug combinations in murine models of breast cancer.
- Manager of the Case Comprehensive Cancer Center Athymic Core Facility
- Seachrist DD, Bonk KW, Ho SM, Prins GS, Soto AM, Keri RA.A review of the carcinogenic potential of bisphenol A.Reprod Toxicol. 2015 Oct 19.
- Yori JL, Lozada KL, Seachrist DD, Mosley JD, Abdul-Karim FW, Booth CN, Flask CA, Keri RA Combined SFK/mTOR inhibition prevents rapamycin-induced feedback activation of AKT and elicits efficient tumor regression. Cancer Res. 2014 Sep 1;74(17):4762-71. Select item
- Shukla S, Wen AM, Ayat NR, Commandeur U, Gopalkrishnan R, Broome AM, Lozada KW, Keri RA, Steinmetz NF Biodistribution and clearance of a filamentous plant virus in healthy and tumor-bearing mice. Nanomedicine (Lond). 2014 Feb;9(2):221-35.
- Yori JL, Seachrist DD, Johnson E, Lozada KL, Abdul-Karim FW, Chodosh LA, Schiemann WP, Keri RA. Krüppel-like factor 4 inhibits tumorigenic progression and metastasis in a mouse model of breast cancer. Neoplasia. 2011 Jul;13(7):601-10.
- Weber Lozada K, Keri RA. Bisphenol A increases mammary cancer risk in two distinct mouse models of breast cancer. Biol Reprod. 2011 Sep;85(3):490-7.
- Montañez-Wiscovich ME, Shelton MD, Seachrist DD, Lozada KL, Johnson E, Miedler JD, Abdul-Karim FW, Visvader JE, Keri RA. Aberrant expression of LMO4 induces centrosome amplification and mitotic spindle abnormalities in breast cancer cells. J Pathol. 2010 Nov;222(3):271-81.
- Johnson E, Seachrist DD, Deleon-Rodriguez CM, Lozada KL, Miedler J, Abdul-Karim FW, Keri RA. HER2/ErbB2-induced breast cancer cell migration and invasion requires p120 catenin activation of Rac1 and Cdc42. J Biol Chem. 2010 Jul 1.