I was born and raised in Cleveland, Ohio. I attended Kent State and Cleveland State for my BS and graduated CWRU with a Master of Science. I began working with Dr. Keri when she was still a post doctoral student in the laboratory of Dr. John Nilson. I have worked for her since the establishment of her lab and I have never been allowed to leave. Throughout the years, I have worked on a number of projects that have honed my skills in a variety of mouse surgical techniques. This has led to my current position as manager of the Case Comprehensive Cancer Center Athymic Core Facility, as well as working in the Keri lab. I enjoy spending time with my kids and family, knitting, and playing roller derby as a member of the Burning River Roller Girls.
Current Research Activities
- Evaluation of the efficacy of novel therapeutics and drug combinations in murine models of breast cancer
- Manager of the Case Comprehensive Cancer Center Athymic Core Facility
- Seachrist DD, Bonk KW, Ho SM, Prins GS, Soto AM, Keri RA.A review of the carcinogenic potential of bisphenol A.Reprod Toxicol. 2015 Oct 19.
- Yori JL, Lozada KL, Seachrist DD, Mosley JD, Abdul-Karim FW, Booth CN, Flask CA, Keri RA Combined SFK/mTOR inhibition prevents rapamycin-induced feedback activation of AKT and elicits efficient tumor regression. Cancer Res. 2014 Sep 1;74(17):4762-71. Select item
- Shukla S, Wen AM, Ayat NR, Commandeur U, Gopalkrishnan R, Broome AM, Lozada KW, Keri RA, Steinmetz NF Biodistribution and clearance of a filamentous plant virus in healthy and tumor-bearing mice. Nanomedicine (Lond). 2014 Feb;9(2):221-35.
- Yori JL, Seachrist DD, Johnson E, Lozada KL, Abdul-Karim FW, Chodosh LA, Schiemann WP, Keri RA. Krüppel-like factor 4 inhibits tumorigenic progression and metastasis in a mouse model of breast cancer. Neoplasia. 2011 Jul;13(7):601-10.
- Weber Lozada K, Keri RA. Bisphenol A increases mammary cancer risk in two distinct mouse models of breast cancer. Biol Reprod. 2011 Sep;85(3):490-7.
- Montañez-Wiscovich ME, Shelton MD, Seachrist DD, Lozada KL, Johnson E, Miedler JD, Abdul-Karim FW, Visvader JE, Keri RA. Aberrant expression of LMO4 induces centrosome amplification and mitotic spindle abnormalities in breast cancer cells. J Pathol. 2010 Nov;222(3):271-81.
- Johnson E, Seachrist DD, Deleon-Rodriguez CM, Lozada KL, Miedler J, Abdul-Karim FW, Keri RA. HER2/ErbB2-induced breast cancer cell migration and invasion requires p120 catenin activation of Rac1 and Cdc42. J Biol Chem. 2010 Jul 1.