The Neuromodulation Center at Case Western Reserve University has an opening for a postdoctoral scholar. The scholar will work closely with an interdisciplinary team of neural engineers, neurosurgeons and neurologists. The scholar is expected to take a leadership role and work independently in experiment design, data collection and analysis and paper publication. He/she will be encouraged to develop independent research projects/expertise and develop individual fellowship grant proposals.
The position involves the following research areas:
- Deep Brain Stimulation.
- Patient-specific computer modeling.
Competitive candidates must have the following qualifications:
- A PhD in biomedical engineering or related field.
- Experience with NEURON and/or COMSOL or experience with biophysical modeling and a general understanding of the core concepts of bioelectromagnetism.
- Evidence for substantial capability for independent work, problem-solving and initiative taking.
- Understanding of scientific/technical communication as evidenced by prior publication and presentations.
- Interpersonal skills appropriate for participation in a multidisciplinary, highly collaborative environment.
To apply, please send a single PDF cover letter with statement of background and interests and a CV including publications and reference contact information to Cameron McIntyre at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please reference the position title in subject line.