The Department of Neurological Surgery offers a very competitive compensation and benefits package:
2016 – 2017 Resident Stipends
- Medical insurance for resident and dependents
- Dental insurance for resident and dependents
- Vision care, including eye exams, frames, lenses and contacts
- Health care reimbursement accounts
- Dependent care reimbursement accounts
- Life insurance
- Long term care disability insurance
- Worker's compensation insurance
- Malpractice insurance
- Paid vacation of 21 days each year, with additional time for educational conferences.
- 403(b) retirement plan with matching funds
- Maternity leave - Residents receive full pay for the first week following birth. Thereafter, if eligible, residents receive 60% of pay through short-term disability policy for up to five weeks.
- Paternity leave - Residents receive full pay for first week following birth. Thereafter, residents have option to use balance of their vacation time or go unpaid for up to five weeks.
- Family Medical Leave Act (FMLA) - After twelve months of employment, the hospital's FMLA policy supports up to 12 work weeks of leave.