Yan Xu, PhD started working at the Case Comprehensive Cancer Center at Case Western Reserve University in 2003 as an adjunct associate professor. He became a professor in the Department of Chemistry at Cleveland State University since 2005 and was an Associate Chair & Director of Graduate Programs in CSU’s Department of Chemistry from 2005 to 2012. He has also been an adjunct staff member in the Department of Molecular Cardiology in the Cleveland Clinic since 2000. Xu has been the director of the Cancer Pharmacology Core Facility at Case Comprehensive Cancer Center since 2007.
Yan Xu, PhD earned his BS in chemistry from Sun Yat-Sen University in Guangzhou, China in 1982. In1987, he earned his MS in analytical chemistry from California State University and earned his PhD in bioanalytical chemistry from the University of Cincinnati in 1997. He has been a member of the American Chemical Society since 1987 and a member of the American Society for Mass Spectrometry since 2008. In 2010, he became a member of the American Association of Pharmaceutical Scientists.
- Clinical and preclinical pharmacokinetics
- Cancer biochemical pathway and measurement
- Drug target and measurement
- Development of anticancer agents
- Development of analytical methods for quantitation and profiling chemotherapeutic agents
- Metabolites and biomarkers for evaluation of cancer treatment
- Control, prevention and diagnosis of cancers