Ask Us Anything!
Did you miss our last webinar?
Pamela Wearsch, PhD
MS Program Director
An academic enhancement program for pre-professional students who want to boost their GPA or gain research experience.
The curriculum offers two tracks plus a variety of courses, allowing students to customize their course of study based on their career path including ...
- Healthcare Track
- Medical school (MD, DO, MD/PhD)
- PA Programs
- Pathology Residency programs
- Research Track
- PhD programs
- Pharma/biotech employment
Our students receive a strong foundation in Molecular & Cellular Biology plus one or more of the following concentration areas:
- Infectious Disease and Global Health
- Cancer Biology
Who should apply?
The Molecular & Cellular Pathology Program is designed for students who are pursuing medical school, PhD programs, US residency programs, or employment in the biotech industry.
How does the program work?
Degree requirements (30 credits total):
- Required Courses: Cellular and Molecular Biology (3-6 credits), Basic Pathologic Mechanisms (4 credits), Capstone Project (3 credits)
- Elective Courses (17-20 credits)
- Capstone project: A 20-page, faculty-supervised review paper
Matriculation: Students may begin the program during any academic term.
- The standard program is 16 months.
- An accelerated program, which includes the summer term, can be completed in 12 months.
- Part-time study can be completed in 21-24 months.
Extracurricular activities (optional):
- Research (basic science, translational, or clinical)
- Teaching assistantships
- Clinical assistantships (University Hospitals)
- Pathology observerships (contingent upon MD, DO, or MBBS degree)
Advantages of our MS Program
New for 2024:
Interview linkage program with the CWRU School of Medicine
|Our customized curriculum allows you to design a course of study that best fits your academic needs and career goals.|
Learn from the experts
|Our faculty are internationally recognized for their expertise in Cancer Biology, Immunology, and Neurodegeneration.|
|Our program offers extensive opportunities for research at a top-25 medical center that will help you advance your career.|
|Small classes, MCAT prep, and intensive career advising are just a few of the ways that we prioritize your growth and success.|