Dr. Scott Frank is a public health and family medicine educator, researcher and practitioner. He received a Master of Science in family medicine and fellowship training in addiction medicine, both at Case Western Reserve University. He is the founding and current director of the Master of Public Health program at CWRU School of Medicine. Dr. Frank also serves as director of health for the City of Shaker Heights, a small municipal health department. He is the principal investigator of the Research Association for Public Health Improvement, Ohio’s statewide Public Health Practice-Based Research Network.
Dr. Frank maintains a clinical family practice and has annually been named among the “Best Doctors in America” since 2002. He is an award winning teacher of residents, medical and public health students. He is involved in research and teaching in social justice, public health services and systems, adolescent health, tobacco control, substance abuse prevention, public health and medicine and assessment of stress.
- Behavior change
- Smoking cessation
- Substance abuse
- Clinical assessment of stress
- Role of spirituality and religion in the medical setting
- Tsai, S, Frank, SH, Bordeaux, JS. Improving Sun-Protective Behaviors and Self-Skin Examinations Among African Americans: A Randomized Controlled Trial. Dermatol Surg 2018; 44 (4): 512-518. PubMed PMID:29016548 .
- Pagano, ME, Swaringen, SE, Frank, SH. Low Other-Regard and Adolescent Addiction. J Child Adolesc Subst Abuse ; 25 (3): 268-276. PubMed PMID:27482148 PubMed Central PMC4964961.
- Diamond, SE, Dunn, RR, Frank, SD, Haddad, NM, Martin, RA. Shared and unique responses of insects to the interaction of urbanization and background climate. Curr Opin Insect Sci 2015; 11 : 71-77. PubMed PMID:28285761 .
- Cordoba-Chacon, J, Majumdar, N, List, EO, Diaz-Ruiz, A, Frank, SJ, Manzano, A, Bartrons, R, Puchowicz, M, Kopchick, JJ, Kineman, RD. Growth Hormone Inhibits Hepatic De Novo Lipogenesis in Adult Mice. Diabetes 2015; 64 (9): 3093-103. PubMed PMID:26015548 PubMed Central PMC4542445.
- Golchin, N, Frank, SH, Vince, A, Isham, L, Meropol, SB. Polypharmacy in the elderly. J Res Pharm Pract ; 4 (2): 85-8. PubMed PMID:25984546 PubMed Central PMC4418141.
- Huck, DM, Nalubwama, H, Longenecker, CT, Frank, SH, Okello, E, Webel, AR. A qualitative examination of secondary prophylaxis in rheumatic heart disease: factors influencing adherence to secondary prophylaxis in Uganda. Glob Heart 2015; 10 (1): 63-69.e1. PubMed PMID:25754568 .
- Sood, RK, Torroella Carney, M, Buchman, T, Cabello, CS, Lynch, JF, Frank, SH, Trapl, ES. First time compliance inspections to evaluate an artificial trans fat ban in Nassau County. Clin Ther 2014; 36 (3): 333-7.e1. PubMed PMID:24636819 .
- Frank, SH. Principles for authentic population health. Am J Prev Med 2011; 41 (4 Suppl 3): S152-4. PubMed PMID:21961656 .
- Trapl, ES, Terchek, JJ, Danosky, L, Cofie, L, Brooks-Russell, A, Frank, SH. Complexity of measuring "cigar use" in adolescents: results from a split sample experiment. Nicotine Tob. Res. 2011; 13 (4): 291-5. PubMed PMID:21330280 PubMed Central PMC5935518.
- Golski, CA, Rome, ES, Martin, RJ, Frank, SH, Worley, S, Sun, Z, Hibbs, AM. Pediatric specialists' beliefs about gastroesophageal reflux disease in premature infants. Pediatrics 2010; 125 (1): 96-104. PubMed PMID:20008431 PubMed Central PMC2805060.