Progress of the Postbaccalaureate Research Education Program Scholars is evaluated on an ongoing basis by the Program Director, the Program Coordinator, and the PREP Steering Committee.
Methods and Measures
PREP program activities increase both the Scholar's preparedness and likelihood to pursue biomedical graduate work. A variety of methods are used to provide ongoing feedback:
- Weekly meetings, courses, grades, attendance, and test preparation
- Baseline evaluation at the start of the program and exit survey with annual follow-up
- Progress report submissions every six months
A final measure of evaluation is the letter of recommendation for Scholars who choose to pursue doctoral study. The Program Director will write differentiated letters of recommendation that clearly assess Scholars' achievements and promise. This letter is completed after review of the mentor's evaluation of research skills and interests, discussion of future goals, grades, and GRE scores.
Where Are They Now?
Former Scholars have gone on to top research institutions:
- Albert Einstein College of Medicine
- Case Western Reserve University
- Johns Hopkins University
- University of Michigan, Ann Arbor
- University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill