- Karen L. Ashby, MD, Associate Professor
- Corrine A. Bazella, MD, Assistant Professor, Clerkship Director
- Megan Billow, DO, Assistant Professor
- Nancy J. Cossler, MD, Associate Professor, Chief of System Quality for Obstetrics
- Kimberly S. Gecsi, MD, Associate Professor, Residency Program Director
- Marjorie Greenfield, MD, Professor, Director of Education, Section Head Pediatric and Adolescent Gynecology, Career Development and Advancement Officer
- Tyler Katz, MD, Assistant Professor, Obstetrics Hospitalist Director
- Margaret Larkins-Pettigrew, MD, Med, MPPM, FACOG, Associate Professor, Edgar B. Jackson Chair for Clinical Excellence and Diversity, Global Health Program Director, Guyana Residency Program Director
- Susan J. Lasch, MD, Assistant Professor
- Tia M. Melton, MD, Assistant Professor
- Maria Shaker, MD, Assistant Professor
- Martin F. Wieczorek, MD, Assistant Professor, Medical Director, Richmond and Westlake offices
- Lulu Zhao, MD, Assistant Professor
The Division of General Obstetrics and Gynecology is a diverse, multi-talented, and very busy group with responsibilities centered on patient care and on the education of students and residents. In addition to our private practices, we staff MacDonald Women’s Hospital’s labor and delivery unit 24/7 and teach medical students and residents in the gynecologic operating rooms, inpatient units, labor and delivery, and outpatient offices.
Every member of the Generalist Division is dedicated to personalized, evidence-based obstetrical and gynecological care. Special areas of expertise include: minimally invasive and robotic surgery, hysterectomy alternatives, in-office hysteroscopy and hysteroscopic tubal ligation, vulvar disorders, sexual medicine, pediatric and adolescent gynecology, family planning, and global health. With the resources of the other departmental divisions (Maternal-Fetal Medicine, Urogynecology, Reproductive Endocrinology, and Gynecologic Oncology) and the expert clinicians at Rainbow Babies and Children’s Hospital and University Hospitals Case Medical Center close at hand, our division provides full spectrum obstetric and gynecologic care for women throughout the life cycle.
Faculty physicians are available to see patients at University Hospitals Case Medical Center’s MacDonald Women’s Hospital, the only dedicated women’s hospital in Ohio. In addition to our MacDonald Hospital practice office, we provide outpatient care and minor surgery at our suburban locations in Mayfield Heights, Westlake, and Richmond Heights.