Applications for intern year are accepted only through ERAS (Electronic Residency Application Service). Registration with the National Resident Matching Program is essential.
For an application to be complete, it must have the following.
- ERAS Application Form
- Curriculum Vitae
- Personal Statement
- USMLE Scores
- Dean’s Letter describing your academic record and relative standing in the class and evaluating your performance on the clinical services
- At least 4 letters of recommendation
- Applicant evaluated based on all their experiences
- University Hospitals Cleveland Medical Center only accepts J1 visa’s to the program
- There is a 1 year maximum limit on the number of years from graduation to applying.
- No US clinical experience is required.
- USMLE score requirements: we have not established a specific minimum score but you need to have passed on the first attempt
- We accept COMLEX scores (need to pass on first attempt)
- Interviews are conducted on one Wednesday each month in October, November, December and January.
Applicants who are selected for interviews will be contacted by email. We will be inviting applicants to interview sometime in September. We receive many more applications than we interview. Interview spots are offered on a rolling basis as applications are reviewed. Once the 90 spots are filled, we can offer only a waiting list.