Program Goal: To foster a passion for scientific inquiry and develop skills for critical thinking, coupled with broad-based clinical expertise, to optimally position students for careers as physician-investigators.
- Average annual entering class size: 32
- Program duration: 5 years
- Additional Information: Primary learning styles are small-group, problem-based, with a thesis requirement.
- Resulting degree(s): MD with Special Qualifications in Biomedical Research
- Opportunities exist to pursue additional degrees concurrently
In 2002, CWRU School of Medicine built on its tradition of innovation in education when the university and Cleveland Clinic entered into an agreement to form the Cleveland Clinic Lerner College of Medicine of Case Western Reserve University. The first class matriculated in 2004 and graduated in 2009.
The CCLCM offers a unique program that trains physician investigators through selective admissions criteria, supportive financial aid, innovative curriculum design, and student evaluations. The program's mission is to help students develop skills to succeed as both a for success as both a highly-trained physician and a rigorous scientific investigator.