Students who have received a financial aid award package should follow the instructions in the following pages. If you have not received a financial aid award package, please check the My Financial Aid portal’s Documents and Messages section to ensure that all your required documents and applications are received by the Office of Financial Aid.
You must accept your aid via the My Financial Aid portal by June 15, 2020.
- Head to the My Financial Aid portal
- At the top left-hand corner, you will see the 'Menu'. Click this
- Navigate to the 'Accept Your Award'
- Accept the terms and conditions
- You should then see your aid in the format shown below
- If you are receiving loans that you would like to accept, you can adjust down the amount that you want before you accept the loan. Under 'Total', you can make the change and then under 'Status' you can mark 'Accept'
- You must change the status of each award to either 'Decline' or 'Accept' before clicking 'Submit'
If you need your loans to disburse in uneven amounts from one semester to another, please accept the total amount you would like for the year and then email Sara Donnelly with the following information:
- Name of the loan you would like to have disbursed unevenly
- Amounts for each semester (even if one semester is $0 for disbursement)
If you need to reduce or increase your loans after your accept or decline any aid, please contact our office to make those changes. Our office encourages you to budget approximately how much you will need for the year and accept slightly more than that amount (taking into account loan origination fees). We can always disburse more funds to you later in the year if you accept less than you are offered initially.
MED-EFC to GradPLUS Loan
If you would like to have your MED-EFC converted to the GradPLUS Loan, please email our office with the following information:
- State that you want to add the GradPLUS Loan to your aid package
- State the amount you would like to borrow for the year
- If you would like to have the amounts disbursed disproportionately, please indicate that in your email
Please contact our office about this topic if you have any questions.