Our chairman, program director and faculty members have an open door policy for scheduling meetings.
As a resident, you will have a monthly evaluation, including constructive feedback.
- Free participation in meetings of the Cleveland Surgical Society
- Full expenses covered for presentation of scholarly work at national meetings
- Participation in the Residency Committee and in applicant recruitment
- Insurance coverage:
- Additional family coverage available
- Retreats to improve your residency experience
- Online system for communication, teaching and recording case logs
- Access to hospital and medical school libraries
- Scrubs provided and laundered by the hospital.
- Meal money for all on-call periods
- Optional 2 years of research
- Interns: Three weeks of vacation per year
- Other residents: Four weeks of vacation per year
- Five-week, paid maternity/paternity leave
You will be on call no more than every fourth night.
- 1st year: $52,600
- 2nd year: $54,400
- 3rd year: $56,150
- 4th year: $58,500
- 5th year: $60,400
- 6th year: $62,975
- 7th year: $64,800