SciVal Experts is a directory of researcher expertise that enables collaboration among researchers. It enables researchers to find others working on the same topics of interest.
In partnership with community institutions, all Cuyahoga County residents are healthy, live in a healthy environment, and contribute to a strong economy.
Foster improved health of community residents through strategically leveraging the research, teaching and service resources of Case Western Reserve University in partnership with community stakeholders.
The Urban Health Initiative seeks to:
- Catalyze- catalyze new research, teaching, and service activities that will lead to improve health of area residents. Need to find an expert for your research and collaboration?
- Convene- convene campus and community members to serve its mission. In addition to supporting programs across the University, the Urban Health Initiative receives grant funding to support programmatic work.
- Clearinghouse- translate and provide research data and graphics for population benefit.
- Connect- increase the impact of existing efforts on residents’ health by
- building and strengthening partnerships,
- increasing community engagement,
- expanding successful pilot program.
- Champion- increase awareness across campus and in the community of existing CWRU efforts in urban health.
Pamela Davis, Dean of the CWRU School of Medicine, established the Urban Health Initiative in 2011, hiring Dr. Amy Sheon as Executive Director. In 2012, the Initiative was moved under the newly appointed Vice Dean for Community Health and made part of the new Weatherhead Institute for Family Medicine and Community Health. The relatively new organization represents a long-term commitment from the university to improving the health of area residents.
Working closely with the Clinical and Translational Science Collaborative and the Office of Strategic Initiatives, the Urban Health Initiative is well integrated into the research, education and service mission of the School of Medicine. It is positioned to collaborate extensively with all schools, colleges and administrative units of Case Western Reserve University as well as affiliates (University Hospitals, Cleveland Clinic, the MetroHealth System and Louis Stokes Cleveland Veteran's Administration Medical Center and St. Vincent Charity Medical Center).