- Airport Information
- Local Attractions
- Things to do Around Cleveland
- Maps and Directions
The meeting will take place at the Tinkham Veale University Center at Case Western Reserve University. Also known as "The Tink", this state of the art building is centrally located in the CWRU campus. This 80,000 sq. ft. modern facility, launched in 2014, has received various awards and is especially suited for hosting events and conferences. The building is a gathering place for our campus community. It hosts the Flora Stone Mather Woman Center, the LGBT center, the Inamori International Center for Ethics and Excellence, among other centers. The first floor offers a varied food service with four fast food restaurants, a coffee shop and a formal restaurant.
The Cleveland Hopkins International Airport is located 17 miles away southwest from Case Western Reserve University. The address of Cleveland Hopkins International Airport is 5300 Riverside Dr, Cleveland, OH 44135. More information about Cleveland Hopkins International Airport can be found on their website.
The driving time from the Hopkins International Airport to the Case Western Reserve University is around 25 minutes. You can find information about the shuttle and taxis service through the following links:
Public transportation by Greater Cleveland Regional Transit Authority (RTA) also provides a convenient connection between the airport and the campus. The RTA Red Line has a Station in Little Italy-University Circle, which is within walking distance to the Case Western Reserve University campus. It takes about 1 hour to get to the campus by using the Red Line from the airport. View the schedule of RTA Red Line.
We have secured a limited number of discount block rooms at:
Book your room at the MWSDB rate HERE
1901 Ford Drive
CLEVELAND, OH 44106
Glidden House at the University Circle is located 0.3 miles (6 minutes walking distance) from Tinkham Veale University Center.
2021 Cornell Road
Cleveland, OH 44106
Courtyard by Marriott at University Circle is located within 5 minutes walking distance to the Tinkham Veale University Center
Tel. (216) 791-5678
Fax: (216) 791-5342
Mention Midwest SDB Meeting for the discounted block rate!
8650 Euclid Avenue
Cleveland, OH 44106
Holiday Inn at Cleveland is located 1 mile away (around 20 minutes walking distance) from Case Western Reserve University. You can take the health line at East 89th Street – Westbound and get off at Euclid Ave & Cornell Rd Station to the campus. The schedule for the health line can be found HERE
Tel. (216) 707-4200
Fax: (216) 707-4201
Other nearby hotels:
10660 Carnegie Avenue
Cleveland, OH 44106
The Tudor Arms Hotel is located 0.6 miles away (13minutes walking distance) from Tinkham Veale University Center.
Tel. (216) 455-1260
Fax: (216) 231-1816
- Tinkham Veale University Center: The ground floor of Tinkham Veale University Center provides a variety choices of foods
- The Jolly Scholar is a bar and grill operated by Case Western Reserve University students. It is located in the Thwing Center next to the Tinkham Veale University Center. Opening hours: weekday 11am-2am, Saturday 12pm-2am, Sunday 12pm-12am
- Other on campus dining locations
- Uptown Cleveland on Euclid Ave. provides a variety of food & drink within short walking distance to the campus
- Additional options on Euclid Ave include Rascal House Pizza, QDOBA Mexican Eats, Kenko, Tacologist, The Den by Dennys
- Several options for fine dining restaurants are located within walking distance in University Circle (5 min) and Little Italy (15-20min).
Local attractions at University Circle:
- University Circle is home to world-renowned museums and institutions, eclectic restaurants in a parklike setting. Below is a list to some top attractions in the University Circle within walking distance to the campus.
- Cleveland Botanical Garden: The glass house at the Cleveland Botanical Garden provides a thrilling year-round escape to the fantastic spiny desert of Madagascar and the butterfly-filled rainforest of Costa Rica. The botanical garden also has a collection of gardens with different themes and walking trails.
- Cleveland Museum of Natural History: Cleveland Museum of Natural History museum is home to ‘Lucy’, the oldest and most complete early human ancestor ever found.
- Cleveland Museum of Art: Cleveland Museum is internationally renowned for its substantial holdings of Asian and Egyptian art, the museum houses a diverse permanent collection of more than 45,000 works of art from around the world.
- Cleveland Orchestra: Cleveland Orchestra is one of the five American orchestras informally referred to as the "Big Five". Founded in 1918 by the pianist and impresario Adella Prentiss Hughes, the orchestra plays most of its concerts at Severance Hall. As of 2017, the incumbent music director is Franz Welser-Möst. In 2012 Gramophone Magazine ranked the Cleveland Orchestra number 7 on its list of 20 of the world's greatest orchestras.
- Rock & Roll Hall of Fame
- Cleveland Metroparks Zoo
- Greater Cleveland Aquarium
- West Side Market
- Cleveland is also home to three professional sports clubs: Browns, Cavaliers, and Indians