Barbara J. Daly, PhD, RN, FAAN
The Gertrude Perkins Oliva Professor in Oncology Nursing; Distinguished University Professor; Clinical Ethics Director at University Hospitals of Cleveland
Program of Research
- Palliative Care and End-of-Life Issues
- Long-Term Ventilation
- Caregiving in Chronic Illness
- Health Care Outcomes and Costs
- Principal Investigator, "Intensive Communication for Chronically Critically Ill," National Institute of Nursing Research, National Institutes of Health, R01-NR008941, 2005-2008.
- Principal Investigator, "Disease Management of the Chronically Critically Ill," National Institute of Nursing Research, National Institutes of Health, RO1-NR05207-01, 2001-2004.
- Co-Investigator, "Adult Failure to Thrive in Long-Term Ventilator Patients," Patricia A. Higgins, Principal Investigator, National Institute of Nursing Research, National Institutes of Health, RO1-NR05005-01A2, 2001-2005.
- Co-Investigator, "Donation After Cardiac Death: Validating Identification Criteria," M. DeVita, Principal Investigator, Funded by the Division of Transplantation, 2003-2005.
- Principal Investigator, "Building End-of-life Science through Positive Human Strengths and Traits (BEST) Center." Sponsored by National Institute of Nursing Research/National Institute of Health, 1P30NR011907.
- Philosophical Inquiry
- Critical Care
- BSN, Nursing, University of Massachusetts, Amherst, MA
- MSN, Medical-Surgical Nursing, Case Western Reserve University, Frances Payne Bolton School of Nursing, Cleveland, OH
- MA, Philosophy, Cleveland State University, Cleveland, OH
- PhD, Philosophy, Bowling Green State University, Bowling Green, OH
- Mazanec, S., Daly, B. J., Douglas, S. L., Musil, C. M. (2011). Predictors of psychosocial adjustment during the post-radiation treatment transition. Western Journal of Nursing Research, 33(4), 540-559. doi:10.1177/0193945910382241.
- Mazanec, S., Daly, B. J., Douglas, S. L., Lipson, A. (2011). Work productivity and health of informal caregivers of persons with advanced cancer. Research in Nursing & Health, 34(6), 483-95. doi: 10.1002/nur.20461.
- Daly, B. J. (2011). Caring for the critically ill patient with cancer.AACN Advanced Critical Care, 22(4), 321-2.
- Mazanec, P., Daly, B. J., Ferrell, B., Prince-Paul, M. J. (2011). Lack of communication and control: Experiences of distance caregivers of parents with advanced cancer. Oncology Nursing Forum, 38(3), 307-313.