Abdus Sattar, MS, PhD
Assistant Professor in the School of Medicine; Center for Research and Scholarship
- Statistical Methods: Longitudinal data analysis; Frailty models for time-to-event data; Joint modeling of longitudinal and survival data; Semiparametric and nonparametric methods for longitudinal data; Statistical methods for gene expression and next generation sequencing data.
- Clinical Research: Multiple chronic conditions.
- Teaching following courses:
- Likelihood Theory and Applications (EPBI 485)
- Multivariate and High-Dimensional Data Analysis (EPBI 443)
- Design and Analysis of High-Dimensional Data. (EPBI 430)
- Sattar, A., Sinha, S.K. Argyropoulos, C. and Unruh, M. (2012). “Joint modeling of all-cause mortality and longitudinally measured serum albumin”. Progress in Applied Mathematics, 4(2): 1-14.
- Sattar, A., Sinha, S.K., Morris, N.J. (2012). “A parametric survival model when a covariate is subject to left-censoring”. Journal of Biometrics and Biostatistics, S3:002. doi:10.4172/2155-6180.S3-002.
- Sattar, A., Argyropoulos, C., Weissfeld, L., Younus, N., Fried, L., Kellum, J.A., and Unruh, M. (2012). “All-cause and cause-specific mortality associated with diabetes in prevalent hemodialysis patients”. BMC Nephrology , doi:10.1186/1471-2369-13-130.
- Sattar, A., Weissfeld, L. and Molenberghs, G. (2011). “Analysis of non-ignorable missing and left-censored longitudinal data using a weighted random effects tobit model”. Statistics in Medicine, 30, 3167–3180.
Accreditations and awards
- Learning Fellowship, Case Western Reserve University, Cleveland, OH, 2013
- Mentor Fellowship, Case Western Reserve University, Cleveland, OH, 2012
- Travel support, ENAR Workshop for Junior Investigators, Washington D.C., 2012
- Bursary Service Award, University of Alabama, AL, 2011
- Travel Fellowship, Short Course on Statistical Genetics and Genomics, U. of Alabama, AL, 2011
- International Educational Scholarship, Texas A&M U., College Station, TX, 2002-2003
- First Class First in B.S. Degree (Equivalent to Summa Cum Laude), 1996
- Merit Scholarship, Jahangirnagar University, Dhaka, Bangladesh, 1991-1995