Carolyn Harmon Still, PhD, MSM, AGPCNP-BC, CCRP
- BSN, Florida A & M University, Tallahassee, FL
- MSN, Adult/Gerontological Nurse Practitioner, Florida A & M University, Tallahassee, FL
- PhD, Nursing Science, Case Western Reserve University, Frances Payne Bolton School of Nursing, Cleveland, OH
- MSM-Healthcare, Case Western Reserve University, Weatherhead School of Management, Cleveland, OH
- Health Disparities in Minority Populations
- Self-Management of Chronic Illness
- Diversity in Clinical Trials of Underrepresented Groups
- Cultural Aspects of Aging and Quality of Life
- Cardiovascular Disease and Hypertension
- Principal Investigator. SPRINT MIND the Kidneys, Systolic Blood Pressure Intervention Trial (SPRINT). (2012-2016)
- Co-Investigator and Project Director of the Ohio Clinical Center Network. Systolic Blood Pressure Intervention Trial (SPRINT). (2010-present)
- Co-Investigator. SPRINT-Factors affecting Atherosclerosis Study (FAST). (2011-2016)
- Cultural Aspect of Aging
- Primary Care of Adults/Geriatrics with Chronic Conditions
- Leadership and Management in Advanced Nursing Practice
- Rodriguez CJ, Still CH, Wagenknecht L, White S, Bates JT, Del Cid M, Garcia K, Lioudis M, Lopez NB, Moreyra A, Punzi H, Ringer R, Cushman WC, Contreras G, Servilla K, Rocco M. Baseline Characteristics of Hispanics in the Systolic Blood Pressure Intervention Trial (SPRINT). Journal Clinical Hypertension (Greenwich). 2016 Nov 14. doi: 10.1111/jch.12942.
- Pajewski NM, Williamson JD, Applegate, WB, Berlowitz DR, Bolin LP, Chertow GM, Krousel-Wood MA, Barrera NL, Powell J, Roumie CL, Still CH, Sink KM, Tang R, Wright CB, Supiano MA for the SPRINT Study Research Group. Characterizing Frailty Status in the Systolic Blood Pressure Intervention Trial (SPRINT) Cohort. The Journals of Gerontology, Series A: Biological Sciences. 2016 Jan 11. pii: glv228.
- Ramsey TM, Snyder J, Lovato LC, Roumie RC, Glasser SP, Cosgrove NR, Olney CN, Tang RT, Johnson KC, Still CH, Gren L, Childs JC, Crago OL, Summerson JL, Walsh SA, Perdue LH, Bankowski DM, Goff DC for the SPRINT Recruitment Writing Group. Recruitment Strategies and Challenges in a Large Intervention Trial: Systolic Blood Pressure Intervention Trial (SPRINT). Journal of the Society for Clinical Trials. 2016 Feb 24: 1740774516631735.
- Still CH, Craven TE, Freedman BI, Van Buren P, Sink KM, Killeen AA, Bates JT, Bee A, Contreras G, Oparil S, Pedley C, Wall B, White S, Woods D, Rodriguez C, Wright JT Jr for the SPRINT Research Group. Baseline Characteristics of African Americans in the Systolic Blood Pressure Intervention Trial (SPRINT). Journal of American Society Hypertension. 2015 June; 9(9):670–679.
- Still CH, Ferdinand KC, Ogedegbe G, Wright, Jr JT. Recognition and Management of Hypertension in Older Persons: Focus on African Americans. Journal of the American Geriatrics Society. 2015 Oct; 63(10):2130-2138.
- Gary F, Still CH, Mickels P, Hassan M. Muddling through the Health System: Experiences of Three Groups of Black Women in Three Regions. Journal of National Black Nurses Association. 2015 Jul;26(1):22-28.
- Still CH, Gary F, McDonald P, Hossein Y. Factors Associated with African American Women’s Decisions to Participate in Genetic Research. Journal of National Black Nurses Association, 2014 July; 25(1): 25-32.
Accreditations and Awards
- 2016 National Black Nurses Association Nurse Researcher of the Year Award
- 2015 Advanced Practice Nurse, Clinical Nurse Excellence Award, University Hospital Case Medical Center, Cleveland, OH
- SPRINT Trial www.sprinttrial.org/public/dspHome.cfm