Breanna Hetland, PhD, RN, CCRN-K
- Evaluation of tailored eHealth platforms to support caregiver engagement in the ICU
- Assessment of integrative, holistic interventions to reduce symptom burden of critically ill patients and their caregivers
- Resource utilization and care trajectories of critical illness
- Critical Care and Palliative Care Nursing
- Symptom Management
- Integrative Health and Healing
Degrees and alma maters:
- PhD in Nursing, 2015, University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, MN
- BS in Nursing (summa cum laude), 2010, Southern Illinois University Edwardsville, Edwardsville, IL
- Hetland, B., Lindquist, R., Chlan, L. (2015) The Influence of music during mechanical ventilation and weaning from mechanical ventilation: A review. Heart & Lung, 44(5), 416 – 425.
- Hetland, B., Lindquist, R., Peden-McAlpine, C., Weinert, C.W., Savik, K., & Chlan, L. (Forthcoming). The predictive associations among music, anxiety, and sedative exposure on weaning trials in patients undergoing mechanical ventilation. American journal of critical care : an official publication, American Associate of Critical Care Nurses.
- Pignatiello, G., Hickman, R., & Hetland, B. Pignatiello, G., Hickman, R., & Hetland, B. (Forthcoming). End of life decision support in the ICU: where are we now? Western Journal of Nursing Research.
- Chlan, L. L., Skaar, D. J., Tracy, M. F., Hayes, S. M., Hetland, B. D., Savik, K., Weinert, C. R. (Forthcoming) Safety and acceptability of patient-administered sedative therapy during mechanical ventilatory support. American journal of critical care : an official publication, American Associate of Critical Care Nurses.
- Hetland, B., Hickman, R., McAndrew, N., Daly, B. (Forthcoming) Factors that influence active family engagement in care among critical care nurses. Advanced Critical Care.
- Hetland, B., Hayes, S. M., Chlan, L. L. (Under-review) Letting the patient decide: A case report of sedative self-administration during mechanical ventilation. Critical Care Nurse.
Accreditations and awards
- Dissertation Award, Acute and Critical Care Research Interest Group, Midwest Nursing Research Society
- NINR Postdoctoral Fellowship, T32 Symptom Management and Palliative Care Research in Adults with Advanced Disease, Case Western Reserve University, Frances Payne Bolton School of Nursing.
- American Thoracic Society Abstract Award
- American Association of Critical Care Nurses Professional Development Award
- NINR Predoctoral Training Grant, F31 (1F31NR01459-01A1), Influence of Auditory Stimulation on Anxiety in Weaning from Mechanical Ventilation
- Spring Commencement Speaker, Southern Illinois University Edwardsville
- Meridian Scholar, Southern Illinois University Edwardsville