Ashley Weber, PhD, RN
T32 Postdoctoral Fellow in Self-Management of Chronic Comorbidities of Prematurity
- Effects of family-centered care interventions on premature infant neurodevelopment in the Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU)
- Effects of self-management interventions on family stress and infant development
- Reducing premature infant stress in the NICU
- Minimizing maternal-infant separation in the NICU
- Neonatal Nursing
- Infant Development
- Family-centered Nursing Care
- Intro to Nursing Research
Degrees and Alma Maters
- PhD, The Ohio State University, Columbus, OH
- MS (Summa cum Laude), The Ohio State University, Columbus, OH
- BSN (Summa cum Laude with Honors Distinction in Research), The Ohio State University, Columbus, OH
- Weber A, Harrison TM, Steward D, Sinnott L, Shoben A. Oxytocin trajectories and social engagement in extremely premature infants during NICU hospitalization. Infant Behav Dev. May 2017. doi:10.1016/j.infbeh.2017.05.006.
- Weber, A.M., Harrison, T.M., Sinnott, L., Shoben, A., Steward, D.K. Plasma and Urinary Oxytocin Trajectories in Extremely Premature Infants during NICU Hospitalization. Epub ahead of print. Biological Research for Nursing.
- Weber, A.M. & Harrison, T.M. The effect of maternal-infant interaction on physiological outcomes during feeding in premature and term infants over the first year of life. (2014). Research in Nursing and in Health, 37(6), p. 478. DOI: 10.1002/nur.21618
- Weber, A.M., Harrison, T.M., Steward, D.K. (2012). Schore’s Regulation Theory: Maternal-Infant Interaction in the NICU as a Mechanism for Reducing the effects of Allostatic Load on Neurodevelopment in Premature Infants. Biological Research for Nursing, 14(4), 375-386. DOI: 10.1177/1099800412453760
- Weber, A.M., & Ahijevych, K.L. (2010). Determining Bitter Taste Prevalence in a Sample of Undergraduate Students at The Ohio State University. Journal of Undergraduate Research (JUROS), 2.
Accreditations and Awards
- NINR Postdoctoral Fellowship, T32, “Multiple Chronic Conditions.” Frances Payne Bolton School of Nursing, Case Western Reserve University. 2016-present.
- National Association of Neonatal Nurses (NANN) Delegate to the Nurse in Washington Internship (NIWI). 2017.
- Outstanding Dissertation Award, Pediatric Research Group of the Midwestern Nursing Research Society (MNRS). 2016
- NINR Predoctoral Fellowship, F31, “Oxytocin: Biomarker of Affiliation and Neurodevelopment in Extremely Premature Infants.” College of Nursing, The Ohio State University. 2015-2016.
- National Association of Neonatal Nurses (NANN) Small Research-Based Grant, 2014-2016.
- Sigma Theta Tau International/Midwest Nursing Research Society Joint Research Grant, 2014-2016.
- Association of Women’s Health, Obstetric, and Neonatal Nurses (AWHONN) Novice Investigator Award, 2014-2015.
- Ohio Nurses Foundation Research Grant, 2014-2015.
- Alumni Grants for Graduate Research and Scholarship (AGGRS), 2014-2015.
- The Ohio State University Presidential Fellowship, 2014.
- Council of Graduate Student’s Delegate Award for Exceptional Service, 2014.
- The Ohio State University Board of Trustees Student Recognition Award, 2014.
- Graduate Assistance in Areas of National Need (GAANN) Fellowship, 2011-2014.
- The Ohio State University Fellowship, 2010-2011.
- Alpha Gamma Delta Scholastic Key Award, 2010