July 12-14, 2019
2019 marks our 17th Annual Conference dedicated to the specialty of Critical Care Transport. This experience is focused on providing a collection of topics for both experienced flight crews as well as those aspiring to join a critical care transport team in the future.
During this conference, we will be partnering with FlightBridgeED to offer our first advanced certification review course. This course is aimed at preparing individuals to sit for the Certified Flight Registered Nurse (CFRN) or the Flight Paramedic-Certified exams. This course will include 4 online “pre” modules prior to attending Flight Camp, as well as a live 2-day course with hands on skill stations. The third day of camp will encompass an advanced procedure lab, simulation scenarios completed in our dynamic helicopter and mobile ICU simulators, and a POCUS ultrasound lab.
Nursing and EMS Continuing Education will be available. Join us for a great weekend!
The 2019 Flight Camp is full.
Thank you for your interest in this annual event.
Most Flight Camp events will be held at the Health Education Campus, 9501 Euclid Avenue, Cleveland, OH 44106.
Reservations can be made online using the link above, or over the phone at 844-748-2877. Group block: Flight Nursing Camp
Flight Camp Agenda*
*Current as of May 6, 2019. Details subject to change.
4 Modules will be delivered via the Online University 2 weeks prior to the course date.
- Endocrine, Hematology, Renal & Sepsis Module
- CAMTS Guidelines Update
- Environmental - Toxicology
- Mechanical Ventilation - Master Class (includes free text book)
Live CFRN/FP-C Review Course (review text will also be provided)
Includes hands-on skills stations for airway management and surgical airway skills
Live CFRN/FP-C Review Course
** 7 p.m. Possible attendance to Cleveland Indians game for those interested. Please indicate your interest on your registration.
Sedation and Delirium in the ICU
Point of Care Ultrasound (POCUS)
Advanced Procedure Skill Stations
Simulations in Helicopter and Ground Squad simulators
Course Evaluations and CE
For more information about format, activities, and registration, please contact the Flight Camp Director, Stephanie Steiner, MSN, ACNP-C, CPNP-AC, CFRN, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Dorothy Ebersbach Academic Center for Flight Nursing is supported by the FPB School of Nursing at Case Western Reserve University, as part of the Acute Care Nurse Practitioner Flight Nursing Program.
- The annual summer camp:
- Enhances & educates the current workforce within the air-medical practice arena & promotes flight nursing
- Provides an opportunity for graduate nursing students to get specialized training in caring for critically ill and injured patients in unstructured environments
- Serves as a continuing educational format for flight nurses and transport nurses to review and renew air-medical practice skills
- Is comprised of didactic lectures and surgical skill stations encompassing human simulation, natural synthetic environments, and education in the fourth dimension, all specific to air-medical practice strategies