While the Case Western Reserve University School of Graduate administers the application process for the PhD in Nursing program, the Admissions Office at the Frances Payne Bolton School of Nursing would be happy to assist you with your application.
To Make Applying Easier
The application deadline is February 1. You will need a credit card to submit your $50 application fee, if applicable. Before submitting your application to the Frances Payne Bolton School of Nursing, please note the submission deadlines. Official college or university transcripts fro each previous graduate and undergraduate education institution. Please mail all required materials to the following address:
CWRU School of Nursing
10900 Euclid Avenue
Cleveland, OH 44106-4904
Attn: Yakelin Tepale
Content Required for PhD Applications
- All PhD Applicants – Statement of Proposed Study & Essay (see last page) Describe only your educational and professional objectives and your research focus. In this essay, answer the three questions listed on the Statement of Proposed Study & Essay sheet on that last page of this document. Be specific and consider the faculty expertise and their fit with your educational and research goals. Your essay should not exceed three, double-spaced pages – one page for each question.
- Legacy Fellowship Applicants – Additional Essay / Official Letter Submit and additional essay in the form of an official letter requesting consideration for this highly competitive fellowship. The letter should address how you meet the requirements AND eligibility criteria for the legacy funding as outlined on our website. Click here for more details. Also include in the letter a description of your achievements and personal characteristics that set you apart from others who will also be requesting this funding. Clearly mark the letter as your Legacy Fellow essay/letter and insert at the end of the admissions essay so both can be uploaded as one document.
- Curriculum Vita. Include all previous publications and presentations.
- 3 Recommenders. Enter three (3) individuals who will provide recommendations on your behalf who know your work and potential for success in a doctoral program. At least two of these references should be from PhD prepared individuals, preferably in nursing.
- Interviews. Two interviews with faculty are required either by phone or at the FPB School of Nursing. Interviews will be arranged after your completed application packet is submitted.