An Advanced Focus on the Management of Patients Infected with the Human Immunodeficiency Virus (HIV) Conference
When: Sept. 17, 2020, 6 p.m., Dinner and Evening Keynote Address
Sept. 18, 2020, 7:30 a.m. - 4:15 p.m., Conference
Where: Cleveland, Ohio
Who Should Attend: Infectious disease and internal medicine physicians, nurse practitioners, physician assistants, pharmacists, nurses, counselors, social workers, and other health care professionals who have an interest in HIV care.
- Define issues that contribute to low engagement of minorities and identify successful approaches to improve engagement with healthcare providers
- Discuss the importance of systemic inflammation and identify strategies to manage comorbidities of HIV
- Apply new approaches to complex care situations of people living with HIV
- Discuss multifactorial issues of managing an aging HIV population.
- Review hot topics relevant to HIV care, including stem cells and gene therapy, telemedicine and women’s health prevention.
- Department of Infectious Disease, Cleveland Clinic
- The Sarah Cole Hirsh Institute for Evidence-Based Practice, Frances Payne Bolton School of Nursing, Case Western Reserve University
In Partnership With:
- Case Western Reserve School of Medicine
- Circle Health Services
- The MetroHealth System
- The Midwest AIDS Training and Education Center
- VA Northeast Ohio Healthcare System
- University Hospitals Cleveland Medical Center