Fall 2019 Students
When and how do I register for classes?
See the step-by-step guide to registration for detailed information on how to register for your Fall courses. Master of Nursing students take courses taught just for them. So you cannot be closed out of a course.
What is the schedule for Orientation?
Attendance is required. You will receive further information about orientation in mid-August.
- Thursday, August 22: 8:30 am - 4:30 pm
- Friday, August 23: 8:30 am – 4:30 pm
What should I do to be prepared for clinical practice?
- Clinical experiences will begin within the first week of the of classes. Read and take action to meet the health and safety requirements. You cannot begin clinical experiences unless you have met these requirements.
- Order your uniforms well in advance.
- During the MN program you learn and practice the knowledge and skills required of a Registered Nurse (RN). Before beginning the program, be sure you understand the overall roles and functions of the RN. You will begin to provide direct care for a patient assigned to you within the first two weeks of the Fall semester. Skills you are expected to do in the clinical setting will be first practiced in the lab setting.
What shoes are appropriate to wear for clinical practice?
Detailed uniform information can be found on the Clinical Policies Page.
When will I learn of my actual clinical assignment for Fall semester?
Hospital-based and Public Health clinical experiences: See Step-by-Step Guide to Registration.
- Assignments for the hospital-based experiences will be provided at orientation to the program.
- Assignments for the public health clinicals will be provided on the first day of clinicals.
How do I travel to clinical sites?
During the MN, and MSN programs, students are expected to attend a variety of clinical sites in the greater Cleveland area and to provide their own transportation to those sites. Students generally travel by car (individual or car pools). However, it is possible to travel to use public transportation.
What is Canvas? How do I know which textbooks to buy?
Canvas is a web-based platform faculty use to organize their courses. It offers a variety of services and course leaders decide whether to use it and which options to use for their particular course.
Most faculty use Canvas and expect students to check it regularly for announcements and information essential to the course. Faculty will use the course Canvas site to provide the required and recommended textbooks and other materials in the syllabus for their course.
Once you register for a course and have activated your CWRU network ID, you will be able to access the Canvas website site.
Students seeking information about a particular course may contact the course leader via email (see the Searchable Schedule of Courses).