The Department of Planning, Design and Construction serves as the steward to plan and develop high quality, cost effective, long term, sustainable facilities and landscapes that embrace the vision and core values of the university. Implementation of the Case Western Reserve University Master Plan continues to enhance our academic mission as well as our partnerships with neighboring institutions and the surrounding community.
The Planning, Design and Construction staff works with architects, engineers, contractors, university departments, and individual faculty and staff managing the development and execution of new construction projects and renovations of existing space on campus.
Department functions include:
- Coordination of project schedules and costs
- Solicitation and evaluation of competitive bids
- Standards and commissioning
- LEED Certification
- Coordination as necessary with Environmental Health and Safety and Information Technology Services
- Coordination of updated operation and maintenance requirements with the Facilities Services department