April 4, 2008
Hunter Peckham to chair new provost search committee
To the Case Western Reserve University Community:
It is my pleasure to announce that Hunter Peckham, Donnell Professor of Biomedical Engineering and Orthopaedics, has agreed to chair the search committee for a new provost at Case Western Reserve University. Professor Peckham is the Executive Director of the FES Center and served as interim chair of the BME department this academic year. A member of our faculty since 1978, Professor Peckham recently served as a member of the university's Presidential Search Committee.
Joining Professor Peckham in this critical task is an impressive group of individuals from across the university. The search committee members are:
- Mark Chance, Professor of Physiology and Biophysics and Director of the Case Center for Proteomics, School of Medicine
- Mark Coticchia, Vice President for Research and Technology Management
- Julia Grant, Associate Professor of Accountancy, Weatherhead School of Management
- James Harris, Doctoral Student, Biomedical Engineering
- Mark Joseph, Assistant Professor of Community and Social Development, Mandel School of Applied Social Sciences
- Robert Miller, Allen C. Holmes Professor of Neurological Diseases and Vice Dean for Research, School of Medicine
- Myles Nikolich, incoming President, Undergraduate Student Government
- Glenn Starkman, Professor of Physics, College of Arts and Sciences, Chair-Elect, Faculty Senate
- Lee Thompson, Associate Professor of Psychology, College of Arts and Sciences
- May Wykle, Dean and Florence Cellar Professor of Gerontological Nursing, Frances Payne Bolton School of Nursing
Professor Peckham will communicate in more detail with the community as the search proceeds, but I wanted to let you know that the committee will host a series of open meetings on campus to hear your perspectives regarding the position. In addition, we have created an email address, email@example.com, for those who would like to submit comments electronically.
Also, we have selected Spencer Stuart, an international executive search consulting firm, to assist with the process. If you would like to submit a nomination, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. This email is for nominations only.
Finally, let me say now how grateful I am to Professor Peckham and the rest of the committee for agreeing to serve. I am confident that, working with our consultants, this group will identify truly outstanding provost candidates for Case Western Reserve University. I hope you will take the time to provide your own insights by attending one of the forums or writing the committee. Your input is crucial to the success of this process.
Barbara R. Snyder