Case Western Reserve University Division of Public Safety
This incident occurred off campus, but because of its proximity to the university, Case Western Reserve police would like the campus community to be aware of it.
Incident Description: A suspect entered an off-campus residence through a first-floor window and stole a television.
Location of incident: 14000 block of Ashbury Avenue
Date of Incident(s): Aug. 3, 2022
Time of Incident(s): Between the hours of midnight and 5:30 a.m.
Suspect(s) Description: Police are investigating; no suspect description is available at this time.
Initiated: Aug. 3, 2022
Information provided by: Case Western Reserve University Police Department
Crimes are never the fault of the victim, but we also want to ensure everyone takes steps that may reduce the possibility of crime. Below are a few tips provided by Case Western Reserve University police:
- If possible, close and lock windows overnight and when you are not in your room.
- Ensure that items of value—e.g., laptops, smartphones or other easily carried technology—cannot be easily seen through your windows.
- If you see someone acting suspiciously, do not confront them; instead call CWRU police immediately at 216.368.3333.
- If you notice something missing or damage to your windows or screens, please call CWRU police at 216.368.3333.
- Always lock your bicycle and secure it in a bike rack. If you need a bike lock, you can register your bike online and pick up a free lock and permit at CWRU police headquarters.
If you have any information on this or other crimes, please call campus police at 216.368.3333 or submit a tip online (with the option to make it anonymously).
Case Western Reserve University is committed to providing a safe environment for all members of the community. We strongly encourage individuals to regularly check case.edu/publicsafety/