The Case Western Reserve University Institutional Review Board reviews social science/behavioral studies, and low-risk biomedical research not conducted in a hospital setting.
- About the CWRU IRB and Its Members
- Meeting Dates and Types of Review
- Forms + Templates
- Local Policies and Federal Regulations
- CWRU IRB Policies + Procedures
- Resources + Links
- Human Subjects Research Education
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Quality Improvement Program (IRB Auditing)
The Office of Research Administration has implemented iRIS, an electronic protocol submission and processing system that has digitized CWRU's Institutional Review Board (IRB) and CWRU's Institutional Biosafety Committee (IBC). iRIS improves business processes, submission efficiency, and review and renewal of IRB and IBC studies.
NEW! Biomedical protocol template is now available.
Questions or feedback for the IRB? Contact any of the following individuals:
CWRU IRB Office:
Sue Ambro - CWRU IRB Manager
Lawrence Greksa, PhD - IRB Chairman
Kathleen Farkas, PhD - IRB Vice-Chair