The Macy Faculty Scholars program is designed to identify and nurture the careers of promising educational innovators in medicine and nursing. With support from the Macy Foundation, scholars will implement new educational innovations at their home institutions and participate in career development activities that prepare them for leadership roles. Case Western Reserve University may nominate one (1) candidate from the School of Medicine and one (1) candidate from the Frances Payne Bolton School of Nursing.
Salary support of up to $100,000 per year for two year
Applicants are encouraged to consult with their Associate Deans for Research prior to internal submission to assure they meet eligibility criteria and their projects meet stated program objectives.
Each candidate must:
- Be a doctorally-prepared faculty member in good standing at the sponsoring school (i.e. School of Medicine or Frances Payne Bolton School of Nursing).
- Have served for five or more years as a faculty member, ideally at the sponsoring school.
- Have an identified faculty mentor who will provide advice on the candidate's project and career development.
- Have an educational innovation project with the appropriate institutional support.
- Have an institutional commitment for the protection of at least 50% of time.
- Be a citizen or permanent resident of the United States or its territories.
For consideration as a finalist, investigators should submit the following materials as PDF e-mail attachments to Stephanie Endy at email@example.com no later than 5:00 p.m. on November 11, 2016:
- A one page letter of intent.
- An NIH-style biosketch.
- A letter of support from your chair, which should specify that there is an institutional commitment for the protection of at least 50% of your time.
Final nominees will be notified of their selection by November 18, 2016.
Complete application materials due to Research Administration one week before sponsor deadline.
Sponsor's deadline for Application is anticipated to be around February 10, 2017, and is usually due by 3pm EST.