Welcome to the Office of Research Compliance (ORC) at Case Western Reserve University. The mission of our office is to ensure University compliance with federal, state, and local regulations with regard to research.
Key to our mission of promoting research excellence is the creation and implementation of targeted educational programs. These programs have been developed to address the needs of those just entering the world of research, like graduate students, to our most seasoned investigators. In addition, our programs address a wide variety of research issues and regulatory requirements, spanning social science research to biomedical and everything in between.
This website contains valuable information, resources and educational opportunities for conducting research within the University community. Please visit this site regularly and/or contact our staff to learn about research compliance activities and education programming.
For users looking to check their COI status or submit certifications, please use SpartaCOI. For users looking to check CREC status, please use Spiderweb. Other research related systems can be found under the Systems link under Faculty+Staff in the menu at the top of this page.
- Conflict of Interests Committee (COI)
- Human Stem Cell Research Oversight Committee (HSCRO)
- Institutional Animal Care and Use Committee (IACUC)
- Institutional Biosafety Committee (IBC)
- Institutional Review Board (CWRU IRB)
- Institutional Review Board (IRB) System for human subjects research
- Institutional Review Entity (IRE) for dual use research of concern (DURC)
Other Research Oversight Activities
- Data Management, Custody, and Security
- Resources Regarding Required Disclosure of Outside Interests and Foreign Collaborations
- Environmental Health and Safety (EHS)
- Export Control Program
- Integrity in Research/Reporting alleged misconduct
- Responsible Conduct of Research