The Case Western Reserve University Institutional Review Board reviews social science/behavioral studies, and low-risk biomedical research not conducted in a hospital setting.
Guidance for Researchers -
CWRU IRB Protocols Affected by COVID-19
The Case Western Reserve University (CWRU) Institutional Review Board (IRB) has been working diligently to answer questions and process modifications for researchers whose studies have been affected by mandates surrounding the COVID-19 crisis. We will be holding Zoom sessions and providing guidance and answers to Frequently Asked Questions to assist researchers during this time of uncertainty. You can check out the guidance page or FAQs, and sign up for virtual sessions. We look forward to helping you.
- About the CWRU IRB and Its Members
- Meeting Dates and Types of Review
- Forms & Templates
- Local Policies and Federal Regulations
- CWRU Guidance
- Resources & Links
- Human Subjects Research Education
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Quality Improvement Program (IRB Auditing)
The Office of Research Administration has implemented SpartaIRB, which processes electronic protocol submissions efficiently and improves business process.
Questions or feedback for the IRB? Contact any of the following individuals:
CWRU IRB Office (email@example.com):
- Colleen Karlo: 216.368.0838, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Adelaide Lang: 216.368.6925, email@example.com
- Ginger Pomiecko: 216.368.4514, firstname.lastname@example.org
Kim Volarcik - CWRU IRB Director
Timothy Fogarty, PhD, JD - IRB Chairman
Barbara Lewis, PhD - IRB Vice-Chair