Case Western Reserve University has the opportunity to award one Biomedical Research Fellowship for postdoctoral training commencing by November 1, 2020 (funding will be available in early July 2020). This Fellowship provides support for two years at $50,000 direct cost each year. The internal competition will be conducted to identify strong candidates.
The Fellowship will fund a postdoctoral candidate in biomedical science in appropriate areas of basic and applied life sciences related to human health, including engineering focused on biomedical applications. Research projects must reflect relevance in terms of potential benefits to children. Only biomedical research projects will be considered. Topics that will not be considered include research in public health, epidemiology, social science, psychology, ecology, environmental impacts, anthropology, and botany.
The Fellowship is intended to support scientists and biomedical engineers who have completed requirements for a doctoral degree and are still in the early stages of career development. The Fellowship must be used to pursue further specialized research training, not to extend or complete clinical training.
Funds may be used for salary, health insurance, or travel related to a scientific meeting, but not for the purchase of supplies, equipment, other fringe benefits, or indirect expenses.
$50,000/year x two years (direct costs only)
- Applicants are encouraged to consult with their Associate Deans for Research prior to internal submission to assure they meet eligibility criteria and their projects meet stated program objectives.
- Fellows must hold a Ph.D. or equivalent doctorate degree and still be in the early stages of career development. Fellows must be citizens of the United States.
- Fellows must commence their postdoctoral training no later than November 1, 2020, or the Fellowship award to the Institution may be rescinded.
For consideration as a finalist, investigators must submit the following proposal materials as a single PDF e-mail attachment to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 5:00 p.m. on May 8, 2020:
- Brief cover letter affirming that the proposed Fellowship is consistent with the eligibility conditions stated above and stating the name of the mentoring faculty member, the name of the proposed postdoctoral Fellow, and brief summary of the biomedical research training in which the Fellow will be engaged.
- NIH style biosketch of proposed Postdoctoral Fellow.
- NIH style biosketch of the mentoring faculty member.
- Brief description of the biomedical research project in which the Fellow will be engaged, including its relevance to the interests delineated in the second paragraph of this posting.
Final nominees will be notified of their selection by Friday, May 22, 2020.
The final proposal must be received by ORA by Wednesday, June 30, 2020, at 3:00 pm EST.