Happy Social Work Month! Our students, staff, faculty and alumni are part of the nation’s more than 600,000 social workers who have amazing tenacity and talent. They confront some of the most challenging issues facing individuals, families, communities and society and forge solutions that help people reach their full potential and make our nation a better place to live.
This Social Work Month we’re thrilled to announce our new Hall of Achievement, which you can read about in the latest issue of our school magazine, and have begun requesting nominations for our Centennial Alumni Awards (where we’ll honor 100 amazing alumni in commemoration of our 100th birthday)!
We also invite everyone to join us this month for one of the many events happening at the school:
- March 11: 6th Annual Cuyahoga County Conference on Social Welfare – hosted for the first time ever at Case Western Reserve
- March 14: Winners announced in the Social Work Month prize giveaway for students
- March 14: Schubert Center Book Talk: Drs. Joseph and Damour
- March 15: Community Development and Empowerment in Uganda
- March 15: Faculty Candidate Colloquium by Jennifer A. King, DSW, LISW
- March 16: Career Prep – Nationwide Children’s Hospital Info Session/Interviews
- March 17: Dean’s Forum
- March 18: Research & Training Colloquia – Cultural Competency
- March 19: Open House
- March 21: SLAM Movie Night – Inside Out
- March 22: Visiting Scholars Brown Bag Lecture – Migration of Romanian Parents
- March 22: SLAM Bellefaire JCB Lecture
- March 22: Keep Talking at Happy Dog
- March 23: Career Prep – Public Service Loan Forgiveness
- March 24: Visiting Scholars Lecture – Social Work in Romania Compared to U.S.
- March 24: Career Prep – Public Service Loan Forgiveness
- March 24: Conversation in Philanthropy – Collaborative Philanthropy
- March 28: Non-Violence Training | Centennial Service Project
- March 30: Career Fair
- March 30: Faculty Candidate Colloquium by Kimberly Fuller, MSW, MEd, LISW-S
- March 31: Centennial Alumni Award nominations due