The Mandel School is proud to announce a partnership with City Year, one of the nation’s top service corps, to offer $15,000 annual scholarships to its corps members, staff, and alumni.
“We are excited to become a University Partner with City Year,” said Richard Sigg, Director of Admissions at the Mandel School. “City Year develops the kind of leaders we look for in applicants to our graduate social work and nonprofit management programs and we’re honored to recognize their service with scholarships.”
Under this partnership, the scholarship amount is $30,000 for the MSSA social work program ($15,000 per year for two years) and $15,000 for the MNO nonprofit management program ($15,000 for one year). Up to 10 recipients per year may be selected across both programs. There is no application fee to apply and a one-year enrollment deferral is available. Details:
- $30,000 scholarship towards the Master of Science in Social Administration (MSSA) social work program, equivalent to an MSW. Qualifying applicants will receive a scholarship award equal to $30,000 ($15,000 per year for two years). Up to ten (10) recipients per year may be selected across the MSSA and MNO programs.
- $15,000 scholarship towards the Master of Nonprofit Organizations (MNO) nonprofit management program. Qualifying applicants will receive a scholarship award equal to $15,000 towards the one year Master in Nonprofit Organizations program. Up to ten (10) recipients per year may be selected across the MSSA and MNO programs.
- The scholarship may be renewed each semester for the full duration of the award terms provided that the student remains in good academic standing.
- Scholarships awarded to City Year corps members and alumni for at least one year of service and City Year staff members employed for at least two years.
- Accepted applicants may defer enrollment up to one year if they decide to serve additional time with City Year.
- City Year Alumni will receive special consideration for all Mandel School scholarship support, ranging from partial-tuition scholarships listed above to the full-tuition Leadership Fellows Program.
- Click here to access the Mandel School’s admissions website and apply online.
- To identify your City Year affiliation: Please contact the Admissions Office and state that you served with City Year and reference our partnership. Please select that you are affiliated with City Year on our application. You will be asked about your service corps affiliation under the Experience and Additional Information Section of the application.
- City Year verification: To get the application fee waived and to be considered for the scholarship, a service verification letter must be requested by emailing email@example.com with “Case Western Reserve University Mandel School” in the subject line. Within the email, include the site where you served and your corps graduation month and year. This letter will be sent electronically by City Year to the Admissions Office and added to your applicant file.
For more information about these and other service corps scholarships, contact Mandel School Admissions. Call Richard Sigg at 216.368.3862 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
City Year is an education-focused national service organization dedicated to helping students and schools succeed. City Year partners with public schools in 27 urban, high-poverty communities across the U.S. and through international affiliates in the U.K. and Johannesburg, South Africa. Diverse teams of City Year AmeriCorps members provide high-impact student, classroom and school-wide support, to help students stay in school and on track to graduate from high school, ready for college and career success. (www.cityyear.com)