On Sunday, May 20, 2018, the Mandel School celebrated Commencement 2018 and the graduation of nearly 200 students!
Several students received dual degrees in Nonprofit Organizations and Public Health. Three students received the PhD in Social Welfare. We also had students who received certificates in the Early Intervention Related Service Training Program, Management and Leadership, and Nonprofit Management. Twelve participating graduates were inducted into the Nu Lambda Mu nonprofit honor society.
We were very pleased with the speech given by Dean Larry Davis the Dean, Donald M. Henderson Professor, and Director, Center on Race and Social Problems at the University of Pittsburgh School of Social Work.
The following individuals were honored for their special contributions to the Mandel School and the community:
- Irene Sogg Gross Awards: Aaron Rentrope and Yi Tian
- Dean’s Award for Outstanding Student Achievement: Katie Russell
- Outstanding Field Instructor Award: Elise Tompkins, MSSA
- Outstanding Teacher of the Year – MNO Program: Rob Fischer, PhD
- The John A. Yankey Outstanding Adjunct Teacher Award: Maureen Heffernan, LISW
- The John A. Yankey Outstanding Teacher Award: Cristina Nedelcu, MSSA