Join the Mandel School at one of the biggest events of the year for Ohio social workers, NASW Ohio’s 2017 Annual Conference, on Thursday, November 12 through Saturday, November 18 at the Quest Conference Center in Columbus, Ohio.
While at the conference, be sure to check out the impressive line-up of staff and alumni presentations:
- Matthew Capezzuto, MSSA 1995 – "The State of Social Work"
- Shannon Deinhart, MSSA 1994 and Stephanie Lariccia, Student –"Standing Up for Older Youth in Foster Care: Finding Permanent Connections and Addressing Trauma"
- LaToya Loga, MSSA 2006 – "Beyond Cultural Competence, Towards Cultural Advocacy"
- Janet Gerlach (Hoy), MSSA 199/PhD 2008 – "Is Social Work Going To The Dogs? How Human-Animal Collaboration Can Support Social Work Practice"
- Aviva Vincent, PhD Student – "Is Social Work Going To The Dogs? How Human-Animal Collaboration Can Support Social Work Practice"
- Andrew Katusin, MSSA 2013 – "Community Assessments in Nonprofit Planning"
- Kara Porter, MSSA 2009 – "Community Assessments in Nonprofit Planning"
- Dr. David Miller (Pictured), Associate Professor – "Standing Up for Social Justice through Elected Office: Social work skills in the Political Arena"
- Jenn Angelo, MNO/MSSA 2018 – "Standing Up for Social Justice through Elected Office: Social work skills in the Political Arena"
- Samantha Mishne, Adjunct Faculty – "The Use of Validation to Decrease Clinician Burnout and Increase Behavioral Change in Clients"
- Erin Upchurch, MSSA 2009 – "Ethical Considerations for Working with Transgender/Gender Diverse Youth & Adolescents"
- Amy Roberts, MSSA 2009/PhD 2013 – "What Social Workers Need to Know About The Guardianship Rules: A Culture Change"
- Stephanie Bradford, MSSA 1982 – "Social Work Ethics and Organizational Culture: Impact on Social Work Field Education"
Also, join us for our All-Ohio Alumni Fall Social on Thursday, November 16th at Mackenzie River Pizza Grill and Pub. Enjoy free drinks and appetizers with alumni and students (provided by the Mandel School Alumni Association), get some cool #ChangeAgent swag, and unwind after a great day of learning.