In June, thirty community organizations spread out across Cuyahoga County to count the number of unaccompanied youth (without a parent or guardian) who are currently homeless or unstably housed. The Center on Urban Poverty and Community Development worked with community partners to design the survey used to find out who these homeless youth are. Center staff then trained community workers in how to collect the data in a methodologically-sound and respectful way.
Read this brief report on the Youth Count. More detailed findings will be forthcoming.
The survey and resultant analysis were conducted by the following Center faculty and staff:
- Dr. Elizabeth R. Anthony, senior research associate
- Dr. Rob Fischer, co-director
- Dr. Seok-Joo Kim, post-doctoral fellow
- Yoonkyung Shin, Mandel School MSSA student research assistant
- Marci Blue, research assistant