There are a variety of ways you can join the Mandel School at the Council on Social Work Education 61st Annual Program Meeting (#APM16), the premiere conference for social work educators and professionals on November 3-6, 2016, in Atlanta, Georgia.
Visit us at booth #504. We have special Centennial gift for attendees, copies of our just-released 2015-2016 Research Annual Report, and lots of great information for our alumni, colleagues, and prospective students.
Join us at a private reception for Mandel School alumni, faculty and students to celebrate our Centennial and another record year of research. It is on Friday, November 4, at 5pm at Cuts Steakhouse.
Join Dr. Terry Hokenstad, Distinguished University Professor and the Ralph S. and Dorothy P. Schmitt Professor, at the 10th Annual Hokenstad International Lecture on Saturday, November 5, at 8:45 a.m. in the Atlanta Marriott Marquis Hotel Ballroom Salon B. Darja Zaviršek of the Faculty of Social Work at the University of Ljubljana in Slovenia was selected as the lecturer and she will present “The Humanitarian Crisis of Migration: Current Dimensions and Challenges for Social Work Practice.”
Three Mandel School faculty members are being recognized and honored as mentors through the CSWE Council on the Role and Status of Women in Social Work Education Mentor Recognition Program, which honors mentors who have made a difference. They will be acknowledged at the Networking Breakfast on Saturday, November 5, and on the CSWE website. They are:
- Kathleen J. Farkas, PhD, Associate Professor
- Elizabeth M. Tracy, PhD, Grace Longwell Coyle Professor in Social Work and Associate Dean of Research
- Zoe Breen Wood, PhD, Assistant Professor
Presentations at CSWE 2016 APM by Mandel School faculty, students, and research staff:
- Collins, C. C., Bai, R. & Crampton, D. Evaluating the implementation of Partnering for Family Success. Interactive poster.
- Healy, L., & Hokenstad, M.C. et al. "Promoting and teaching the 2030 agenda and sustainable development goals of the United Nations." Invited partnership presentation.
- Hokenstad, M.C. et al. Realizing the Vision of the Kendall Institute Through International Education Collaborations. Invited partnership presentation.
- Holmes, M. R. "The Flipped Classroom: Promoting engaged learning in direct practice methods." Oral paper presentation.
- Hoy, J., Vincent, A., Buck, W.P., & Strand, E. Humans and animals: An emerging and promising collaborative practice. Interactive workshop.
- Kobulsky, J., Holmes, M.R., & Yoon, S. "Physical abuse safety concerns and substance use among child welfare adolescents." Oral paper presentation.
- Kobulsky, J.M. "Internalizing pathways to early substance use in child welfare-involved youth." Oral paper presentation.
- Lee, E., & Santiago, A. M. "The effects of cumulative risk and protective factors on adolescent substance use." Oral paper presentation.
- Riley-Behringer, M., & Cage, J. Building Students’ Duty-to-Warn/Duty-to-Protect Skills Through Case Study and Team Collaboration. Interactive workshop.
- Sawyer, L.N. "Enhancing student soft-skill development in online education course rooms and communities." Interactive workshop.
- Wood, Z.B. & Edguer, M. "Triangulating the Assessment of Holistic Social Work Competence: Challenges and Opportunities." Invited Roundtable, CSWE Assessment Institute.