There are a variety of ways you can join the Mandel School at the Council on Social Work Education 63rd Annual Program Meeting (#APM17), the premiere conference for social work educators and professionals on October 19-22, 2017, in Dallas, Texas.
Visit us at booth #308. We have special gift for attendees and lots of great information for our alumni, colleagues, and prospective students.
Join us at a private reception for Mandel School alumni, faculty and students to celebrate another record year of research. It is on Friday, October 20, at 5pm at Wild Salsa.
Three Mandel School faculty members are being recognized and honored as mentors through the CSWE Council on the Role and Status of Women in Social Work Education Mentor Recognition Program, which honors mentors who have made a difference. They will be acknowledged at the Networking Breakfast on Saturday, October 21, and on the CSWE website. They are:
Join Dr. Terry Hokenstad, Distinguished University Professor Emeritus and the Ralph S. and Dorothy P. Schmitt Professor, at the 11th Annual Hokenstad International Lecture on Friday, October 20th, at 8:45 a.m. in the Lone Star B, Conference Center, 2nd floor. Manohar Pawar, PhD, professor of social work at Charles Sturt University, Australia, and president of the International Consortium for Social Development, was selected as the lecturer. Dr. Pawar’s will present “Kant, Bentham, Aristotle, and My Grandmother: Developing the ‘Caring Being’ in Social Work.”
Presentations at CSWE 2017 APM by Mandel School faculty, students, and research staff:
- Collins, C.C., Bai, R. "Permanent Supportive Housing for Homeless Families and Young Adults. Grand Challenges Teaching Institute.
- Tracy, Elizabeth M. et al. Eradicate Social Isolation: Teaching and Learning Strategies for Generalist and Advanced Curriculum." Grand Challenges Teaching Institute.
- Taylor, Leigh H., Francis, Meredith W., & Tracy, Elizabeth M. "The Role of Social Networks on Abstinence Self-Efficacy among Substance Using Women." Oral presentation.
- Edguer, Marjorie N. Factors Related to Marijuana Use among Adolescents With Prenatal Substance Exposure. Interactive poster.
- Taylor, Leigh H., Francis, Meredith W., & Tracy, Elizabeth M. "Facilitating a Productive Teaching Mentorship: Strategies for Mentors and Emerging Educators." Interactive workshop.
- Hokenstad, M.C. et al. "Why the UN Matters to Social Work: Grand Challenges Go Global."
- Sigg, Richard. et al. "Going the Distance: Innovating Admissions to Realize the Promise of Online Learning."
- Berg, Kristen, Edguer, Marjorie N., & Taylor, Leigh H. "Mindfulness Workshop." Interactive workshop.
- King, Jennifer A. & Korsch-Williams, Amy E. "First, Do No Harm: A Framework for Trauma-Informed Social Work Education." Interactive workshop.
- Vincent, Aviva. et al. "Bailed Out: Understanding Bail, Its Casualties, and What Social Workers Can Do." Oral presentation.
- King, Jennifer A. & Korsch-Williams, Amy E. "Trauma-Informed Field Seminars: Creating a Foundation for Self-Awareness in Practice." Interactive workshop.