Any NON-BSW student in the Full/Part Time or Intensive Weekend Program formats who have had previous course work in socio-behavioral theory and/or social science research may take a Proficiency Exam.
In order to take and schedule an exam, you must complete the Proficiency Exam Registration Form. Return completed form to the Office of Student Services, Mandel School Room 140. Study Guides are available on the Mandel School Registrar’s web page.
You may register for and schedule the following exams but they must be taken no later than 14 days prior to the beginning of the semester the course is offered:
- SASS 426- Research Methods in Social Work (multiple choice format) (Spring semester class)
- SASS 441- Human Development in Context II: Adult (essay format) (Spring semester class)
Please register for the class/classes which you will attempt to waive. You can drop the class if you pass the exam.
If I pass , then what course(s) would I take?
The course requirement will be waived and you would need to substitute an advanced elective for the credit hours. Please note the number of credit hours required for graduation will not be reduced as a result of passing the exam(s).
What happens if I do not pass the exam?
There is no penalty for not passing. However, the individual exam may be taken only once.
The remaining dates for Proficiency Exams are as follows:
- Monday, November 6, 2017 from 10:00 am-1:00 pm
- Friday, November 10, 2017 from 9:30 am-3:30 pm
- Monday, December 4, 2017 from 10:00 am-2:00 pm
- Friday, December 8, 2017 from 10:00 am-2:00 pm
Locations for exams are TBD