Hospice of the Western Reserve is a mission-driven organization with a friendly, supportive, and motivated staff. Individuals involved with Hospice of the Western Reserve are committed to a vital cause; supporting families of seriously ill patients by providing palliative end-of-life care, care giver support and bereavement services. Currently, Hospice of the Western Reserve has two internship/volunteer opportunities available for Walk to Remember 2017 which will be taking place at the Cleveland Metroparks Zoo on June 11, 2017.
Interns will work at our Headquarters offices located on Cleveland’s east side at East 185 and St. Clair. This site maintains free parking and easy access to public transportation. Start and end dates and hours are very flexible. Ideally, volunteers would work 2-3 days a week. This unpaid internship/ volunteer role offers valuable, hands-on learning for candidates looking for experience in development and non-profit management.
Responsibilities & Requirements:
- Assist with writing/editing of proposals and reports
- Support in event logistics and organization of core working committees
- Help with maintaining database records
- Contribute to the success of the walk by bringing creative ideas and approaches to event planning
- Collaborate with marketing communications team on the development of marketing materials
- Assist in the recruitment of corporate and community Walk Teams
- Support the Special Events Manager with event day activities
- Utilize a variety of tools and software including: Microsoft Office Suite, Adobe Creative Cloud and online fundraising software
- This position allows the candidate to experience and exposure to large fundraising and fundraising event logistics.
For more information or to apply, please send your resume to email@example.com or call Bridget 216.383.3715.