CWRU has subscribed to Pivot, which provides you the edge by bringing together the right research opportunities, funding, and people – quickly and easily. It provides global and local connections that strengthen research by exploring new avenues for funding and collaboration – for faculty, staff researchers, and graduate students.
- Provide access to the most comprehensive global source of funding opportunities;
- Identify research expertise from within or outside of CWRU;
- Foster collaboration by cultivating essential partnerships and alliances; and
- Built strong network connections for future opportunities.
- To sign up, use one of the following two methods:
- Sign in directly to pivot: Click “Sign up” in upper right-hand corner. You must use your Case email and this will be your username. You will receive an automated email to complete your registration.
- Sign in using your Case ID (e.g., abc123) and University password: Click “Log in” and then “Access via My Institution Login.” This method is preferred if you are certain you don’t already have a profile in Pivot.
- Once logged in, click on your name in the upper right-hand corner and select “Your profile.”
- From your profile’s page, click “Claim Profile.” This will trigger another automated email. Claiming your profile will let you update it.
- To update your profile, click “Edit Profile” from your profile’s page.
- Click on the “Funding” tab and then the “Advanced Search” link. Execute the search.
- From the results, click on the “Save Search” link. You will be prompted to name the search and agree to receive a weekly email based on that search. Click “Save.”
- Saved searches can be managed from the homepage screen.
- Click on “Saved Searches.” You can click on the search’s name to run, or (via the “Options” choice), edit, delete or turn on/off the email alerts.
From the funding opportunity itself, you can choose three other options – Track, Set to Active, and Share:
- Track: These are opportunities that you want to track on your homepage, but are less critical than Active opportunities. These will be included in your weekly funding alert emails.
- Active: These are opportunities that you have deemed important or critical because you plan to apply for them or already have. When viewed from the overall “Active” view , select “Options” to set a deadline reminder or to add it to your calendar.
- Share: Click to share with colleagues. Simply enter an email address and an optional message.
You can navigate to all items – saved searches and tracked, active, or shared items – from your homepage.