Faculty, staff and students have all expressed a desire to reduce email clutter. Instead of sending out an email to one of the google groups, please consider submitting your news, information, or request item to the appropriate administrator for inclusion in one or more of the three newsletters listed below. Please contact an administrator if you’re not sure which newsletter is the appropriate venue, if you have questions regarding typical content, or if you want to be added to the distribution.
|Monday Memo||Monday||Faculty (including research & adjunct faculty)||Scott Wilkes||Friday of the week prior to the Monday Memo release|
|Staff Plan-it||Monday||Staff (including staff researchers)||Craig Zullig||Thursday, 5 p.m. for next issue|
|Student Services Newsletter||Tuesday||Students||Rick Jennings (email to firstname.lastname@example.org)||Monday, 12 noon for next issue|
A few notes:
- Many items may be appropriate for multiple audiences and you can submit to multiple newsletters. For example, a notice about a research topic could be included in both the Monday Memo and the Staff Plan-it. The administrators will also share items.
- Faculty receive the Student Services Newsletter so they can be aware of events or information that may impact their students.
Occasionally, it may still be necessary to send an individual email due to the timing or nature of the news or event. However, please be courteous and consider submitting to a newsletter instead.
Typical Newsletter Content
Student Services newsletter: Information for students including actionable announcements and reminders about registration, commencement, and professional organization membership. Featured events must be on campus and/or eligible for professional development credit. An option for remote participation is strongly encouraged since distribution includes students in all formats. Job postings are not included; those are posted via Handshake which serves as a central resource for both students and recent graduates.
Staff Plan-it: Information for staff (including researchers) regarding training opportunities, upcoming events and deadlines, and other announcements and reminders (e.g., human resources, facilities) that may impact the workplace.
Monday Memo: Information for faculty (including adjunct and research) regarding teaching and learning matters, event registration and school-wide events.
Faculty and staff
- All staff | email@example.com
- All faculty | firstname.lastname@example.org
- Secondary faculty | email@example.com
- Adjunct faculty | firstname.lastname@example.org
- All with offices in the Mandel Center | email@example.com
- All regular faculty and staff | firstname.lastname@example.org
Note: Full-time faculty members may be on more than one list, but if you want to reach all faculty, you will need to email all three faculty lists.
- All doctoral students and faculty | email@example.com
- All master's students | firstname.lastname@example.org
- All Cleveland-based master’s students (MSSA on-campus, MSSA intensive weekend and MNO) | email@example.com
- All intensive weekend students | firstname.lastname@example.org
- All MNO students | email@example.com
- All traditional (weekly) MSSA students | firstname.lastname@example.org
- All online students | email@example.com
If you need to be added to a group, removed from a group or need to contact a group to which you do not belong, contact Karoline Kramer.