We believe all CWRU Spartans already have what it takes to be an effective leader. The SpartanLEADS program is here to help students explore, discover, and own their authentic style of leadership!
Based on Bill George's Authentic Leadership Characteristics, the SpartanLEADS program is based on the following guideposts:
- Authentic leaders have purpose. They know their strengths, passions, and why they want to lead.
- Authentic leaders know their values. Those values are reflected in how they lead.
- Authentic leaders build meaningful relationships. They recognize the importance of collaboration and learning from others.
- Authentic leaders have the drive to accomplish their goals. They see the need for establishing objectives and expectations to ensure their vision is carried out.
- Authentic leaders are sensitive to the needs of their community. They have the compassion necessary to understand the perspectives and experiences others, especially those that differ from their own.
Click on the links below to learn more about each program we offer!
- Emerging Leaders Program
- Fall Leadership Conference
- Second Year Alumni Coaching Program
- Second Year Institute