Things to know before you begin
Camp participation is available on a first-come, first-served basis. In order to be eligible to participate, participants must be between the ages of 8-16 years (participants who are 7 must turn 8 by August 30, 2019). The 5-week cost for each camp option is as follows:
- Residents of Cleveland: $75/child
- Non-Residents of Cleveland: $165/child
- Aftercare: $100/child
Please review the Parent Handbook and save or print a copy for reference. It will answer many of your questions during registration and beyond.
New Registration Procedure for 2019
- Submit one Program Participant Application online for each child.
- Attend a in-person registration session with your camper to complete their physical, sign medical forms, and pay the camp fee.
Step 1: Online Application
Please complete one application form per child attending camp. As you complete the application, you will be asked to:
- Enter participant information
- Enter dietary restrictions
- Enter transportation plans and individuals authorized to pick them up from camp
- Complete a media release
- Review the 2019 Code of Conduct with your camper
- Complete the 2019 Field Trip Release, Indemnity and Waiver of Liability
This step is mandatory and must be completed before attending a registration session. If you encounter any issues with the form, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and include the following:
- A description of the problem, including what page of the form you were on before it happened.
- The type of device you're using (desktop computer, tablet, smartphone, etc).
- A screenshot or screencap can be very helpful if you're able to send one!
Step 2: In-Person Registration
After completing the online application, you can start preparing to attend an in-person registration session.
What happens at registration?
- Physicals: Physicals will be provided during registration free of charge. Physicals performed within three months prior to the camp's start date (after March 5, 2019) are allowed with a doctor's signature. No participants will be allowed to participate in NYSP without a physical. Check the Parent Handbook if you have further questions.
- Medical Forms: You will complete any required medical forms in-person at registration. The one exception is the Medication Administration Authorization. Check the Parent Handbook to learn more.
- Orientation: All new parents/guardians and participants must attend an NYSP orientation. Orientations will be held at select times during each registration date.
What should I bring?
- Proof of residence (i.e. a utility bill) and photo identification.
- Copy of birth certificate if participant is 8 to 10 years old.
- Payment: Camp payment must be completed at registration. Payment may be made in cash, Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover and debit cards. No personal checks will be accepted!
Registration Dates and Times
Choose one of the following times to attend a registration session. Please note that the sessions for new participants start at specific times, where the returner sessions are flexible.
New Parent/Participant Sessions
|Saturday, May 4||9:30 a.m., 11 a.m., 12:30 p.m., 1:30 p.m.|
|Sunday, May 5||2:30 p.m., 3:30 p.m., 4:30 p.m.|
|Friday, May 31||6:30 p.m., 7:30 p.m., 8 p.m.|
|Saturday, June 1||9:30 a.m., 11 a.m., 12:30 p.m., 1:30 p.m.|
Returning Parent/Participant Sessions
|Saturday, May 4||9 a.m. - 2 p.m.|
|Sunday, May 5||2 - 5 p.m.|
|Friday, May 31||6 - 8:30 p.m.|
|Saturday, June 1||9 a.m. - 2 p.m|
Location for All Sessions
Adelbert Gym at Case Western Reserve University
2128 Adelbert Road
Cleveland, OH 44106
Free parking will be available in Veale Garage (Lot 53). The entrance is at located at 2158 Adelbert Road.