University Health & Counseling Tobacco Cessation Appointments
UHCS has tobacco cessation appointments available for students at UHS. Appointments include 30 minutes with a behavioral health specialist and 30 minutes with a physician. Readiness to quit, strategies for abstinence and medication support will be assessed. Students may be eligible for free nicotine replacement medications.
Get started: To make an appointment, call 216.368.5872.
SelfHelpWorks | On-line Tobacco Cessation
The LivingFree program from our partners at SelfHelpWorks is a multi-media presentation designed to give you a similar experience to what you would have in a live class. This ten session program can be completed in as few as four weeks.
Read more: LivingFree Smoking Cessation Program
Get started: To start the SelfHelpWorks program, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. The UH&CS team will then register you and email you the login information. Questions? Email or call 216.368.5872.
Quit Line Program | Individual Coaching
The Tobacco Cessation Quit Line Program offers benefits-eligible employees science-based tools and resources so you can take control of your habit. You will be five times more likely to succeed than someone who does not enroll.
Benefits of the program include:
- No cost to you
- A personalized coaching program with a professional Quit Line coach
- Up to five convenient-to-schedule calls with your coach, plus the option to call the Quit Line anytime you need help
- Coaches available from 8 to 1 a.m. EST
- Free Nicotine Replacement Therapy (NRT) - patches, gum, or lozenges
- Clinical Guides on tips for quit success from the leading respiratory experts in the country
Read more about 800 Quit Line.